The act of sending an email to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. The email directs the user to visit a Web site where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords and credit card, social security, and bank account numbers, that the legitimate organization already has.
Articles in this section
- eyepin 5.2 brings new features
- eyepin Delivery System and handling of Emails by spam filter
- New features with eyepin 5.4
- What is Email Marketing?
- Types of eyepin accounts: VX Prepaid, Marketing Suite
- What are the components of a Newsletter?
- A/B Split-Test
- ASP (Application Service Providing)